This is just a small collection of other TF info that isn't anyplace else on the web, or at least isn't everyplace else. ^_^
Stuff by me:
- G1 Capsule Episode Descriptions - The most succinct G1 TF episode guide you'll ever see. Makes a great quick reference.
- G1 Season 1 DVD Set Reactions - Various comments and thoughts I had while re-watching G1 S1. This was originally written as a post to alt.toys.transformers.
- Convention Reports
- BotCon '96 Journal and Review
- BotCon '97 notes (rough)
- Incomplete BotCon '99 report
- Incomplete but still long BotCon 2000 report
- BotCon 2001 notes (sorta rough)
- BotCon 2002
- BotCon 2002 Report: Zobovor Edition - Complete information about the convention, but no diary-like stuff about my trip or hanging out with my friends.
- Armada Episode One Review - At BotCon 2002, we got to see the first episode of Armada early. Here's the review I posted to ATT afterwards.
- Wreckers #2 Review - The 2002 BotCon comic book.
- Exclusive Toy Tech Specs - I did not write these tech specs, but I did transcribe them to post on ATT. Here they are, if you want 'em.
- OTFCC 2003 report/notes
- OTFCC 2004 notes
- BotCon 2005 - Extensive notes on information presented at panels are available. Also, my photos and a travelogue of my trip back in the "photos" area of my non-TF website.
Stuff not by me:
- Usenet Control Messages
These special Usenet posts created the six existing TF newgroups. Each states the purpose of the group and includes a "charter" with basic rules and bylaws. The exception is ATT, the oldest (and largest) of the groups. When it was newgrouped in 1993, no charter was included, making the statement of purpose in the control message itself the de facto charter.
- Beast Wars PC Game Demo - This is a free demo of the old PC/PlayStation Beast Wars game. It's sort of hard to find the demo these days without signing up for an account on some random gaming site, so I figured I'd keep a copy here.
- Transformers Battlecards - A TF-themed collectible trading card game (CCG) developed by Richard Garner and JuQuan Williams. This ZIP file contains an old set of the cards and rules so you can print out a deck and play with your friends. While the "Beast Wars Mutating Card Game" and the "Armada" board/card game that were released by Hasbro were based on some of the ideas in Battlecards, the original Battlecards game was sadly never officially released.
- Obituary for Skyflight - Transformer fan and my friend Burt Ward, known online as Skyflight, died in August 2003 of colon cancer.
- Dark Nova picture - Dark Nova is the main villain from the Japanese TF series "BattleStars: The Return of Convoy". BattleStars was not a cartoon, but a series of comic-like spreads in TV Magazine. Note how much DN does not look like Unicron. Don't let anybody tell you they're the same entity. Cool-guy Doug Dlin scanned this picture at my request, so if you use it on your site, please give him credit for the scan.
- TF Movie Script - Written by Ron Friedman, this is the original script for the Transformers movie. CJ Stankiewicz typed this in from an "official" bound copy of the script, ordered from a script store. There are things in the script that did not appear in the actual movie, which makes it pretty interesting to read.
- TF Movie Transcript - Prepared by Phil Thorne, this is a simple transcript of what happens in the final movie. Obviously, then, it matches the released film rather than the script above.
- G1 Cartoon Appearances List, by Sarai Feria - This lists all the characters from the G1 toon, and tells you what episodes they appeared in. Although this list has some errors in it, it's presented in a format that is very quick to search through. If you want a more thorough (and very carefully maintained) guide to character appearances, visit Rik Bakke's Cartoon Dossier.
- TF Book of the Dead, by Liane Elliot - A list of Transformers who died in various continuities (mostly G1 stuff).
- Excerpts from a biography of Scatman Cruthers, the voice of Jazz in the G1 cartoon, compiled by vanished fan BillNes@AOL.
- Tech Specs for Bruticus and Abominus - These characters never had tech specs released in the US, but here is a translation of their Japanese specs.
- Beast Wars Universe info about the Vok - This is a translated excerpt from a Japanese guidebook about Beast Wars where Larry DiTillio explains some of his personal ideas about the Vok. Note that these ideas never made it into the story itself, and that Bob Forward -- Larry's co-editor on the series -- had his own different ideas about it, so this info is cool background stuff but should not be considered "canon".